It always seems that there’s a thousand and one things to remember when it comes time to move house. As if packing itself wasn’t enough, there’s all the details of the actual move to work out. If you want a smooth day with a minimum of stress, then you should plan ahead.
1) The first thing to do is the hire trustworthy Boston property movers. Get in-house quotes from two or three reputable local companies and chose the best price. The extra cost is totally worth not having to lug all the furniture yourself.
2) Start sorting. It makes no sense to move things you don’t want anyway, so this is a great chance to get rid of as much as possible. Think about what you’ll want and use at your new home. Pack beginning with the things you don’t need on an everyday basis.
3) In the last couple of weeks, start trying to use up all your food and other imperishable products. Put aside a roll of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels and some trash bags to take with you on moving day.
4) Plan to eat take out the last couple of days and start defrosting your refrigerator (if it’s going with you). If you have time, take the chance to give it a good cleaning.
5) Contact the post office about your change of address, and let your utility companies know what day they should cut off service. Either have your telephone service discontinued or make plans to have your number transferred with you.
6) Pack an overnight bag with a change of clothes, toiletries, soap, et cetera, for your first night. Make sure you have clean sheets, pillows and shower curtain easily available so that, if nothing else, you can at least go to bed comfortable and clean.